This policy has been updated to comply with the new European Universal Data Protection Regulation applicable from May 25, 2018 (GDPR). Your privacy is important and we would like to assure you that we have taken measures to keep your personal information secure with us. Our IT systems are protected by technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access, modification or dissemination of your data, as well as loss or deletion.
Below we inform you about which personal information we collect and for what purpose as well as how these actions can be monitored and how you can exercise your rights.
“Personal Information” is information about you that identifies you, such as your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number, as well as other non-public information that you may provide us with.
“Non-Personal Information” does not permit the identification of individual persons and it is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information.
2. Personal Information we collect
The Personal Information we gather from you helps us learn about our visitors and customers. We use this information to provide you with our products and services; to develop new products and services; to expand the features, performance and support of our products and services; and to offer you additional information and/or opportunities.
2.1. We collect Personal Information that you choose to provide us with through our Website or e-mail in the following ways:
• If you contact us we will collect your contact details such as your name, e-mail, phone number and other information you provide us with.
• If you register or purchase products from us, we will collect your contact details such as your name, postal address (for shipping and billing purposes), email address, phone number, your AL product serial numbers and other information you provide us with.
• If you request customer support services we will collect Personal Information including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, as well as information about the AL products you own, such as the serial numbers, date of purchase and information related to a support or service issue.
• We may collect Personal Information for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services.
2.2. Information from your use of our Services
• If you use our online and mobile phone applications we may collect ALP system information such as location, time, date, IP address, browser used, error logs and alert logs (that we may associate with Personal Information that we have collected from you). This type of information helps us to improve our products and services for both you and for all of our users.
2.4. Non-Personal Information
3. How is the information used?
• Your Personal Information is used by us in delivery of our products and/or services to you, under the End-User License Agreement, Limited Warranty, if any, or any other terms that may apply. We use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries and to fulfil your requests. We will not provide your Personal Information to third parties without your permission, except as necessary to process your order, fulfil your request or if compelled by law. These third parties are also obligated to protect your Personal Information in accordance with Data Protection regulations.
• We also use Personal Information to inform you of our (new) products and/or services, promotions we may offer, or to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activity. We are entitled to contract third parties to perform their direct marketing activities. We may use your Personal Information to conduct market research, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our Website, products and services.
• We collect, use and process this data only to the extent necessary to provide you with the relevant service. We do not use or process the data in any other way unless this is permitted in accordance with legal provisions or you have expressly consented to this. You can revoke your consent at any time. To do this, please contact us at the address given below under the heading How to Contact us.
4. Links to Other Sites
We may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. If you visit any linked websites they may have their own privacy statements in place, which we recommend you review. We are not responsible for the content of linked websites or for any use of such websites.
Our website uses plugins from Google’s YouTube site. The site is operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. If you visit one of our YouTube-enabled sites, you will be connected to the YouTube servers. The YouTube server is informed which of our pages you have visited.
When you are logged into your YouTube account, you enable YouTube to map your surfing behaviour directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account.
6. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 on this website. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of 16 on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
7. How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect against anauthorized disclosure, use, alteration or destruction of the personal information you provide us with.
8. Your rights to information
You’re entitled to receive free information about your stored personal data, its origin, and recipient, the purpose of the data processing and a right to correct, block or delete this data. To this end, as well as to further questions regarding the subject of personal data, you can contact us at any time at the address given below under the heading How to Contact us.
10. How to Contact Us
You are welcome to contact our company at any time if you have any questions relating to the topic of data privacy or if you would like us to update the information we have on you or about your preferences.
Hinka Wurtha 12
This Policy was last updated 23rd May 2018.